Friday, April 5, 2013

Rabbits, Loose Teeth, and Minecraft

Have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE Nicole's rabbit? I love all the little rabbits, but especially love Nicole's. Out of the 3, he is just so sweet and lovable, he is the only one that will run right up to you when you open the cage (to come out and be held). He's the best eater and basically just like a baby (as close to a baby as you can get for a bunny). I also had to give him a haircut with the electric clippers because his hair got all knotted up before we knew it. Let me tell you, for never hearing, seeing, or feeling clippers...he did so awesome letting me cut him! If I could have him inside in a cage I would, but I just don't really have the space to do it or the money to get him set up to do it. This isn't a great picture of our neighbor Lacy, but it's a great picture of Nicole's bunny where you can really see his personality a little bit in the picture. He loves to be held like a little baby and fed carrots, lol. :o)

 
So Nicole still has those 2 top teeth loose but already lost another bottom tooth! It happened rather unexpectedly. We went out to eat and she tried to open a ketchup bottle with her teeth, and it loosened up a bottom tooth that wasn't even loose prior to her doing this. Doing that got her tooth so loose, that it actually came out the very next day. I did the same thing I did for Emily, tied a string on it and yanked, and it came right out! She said it didn't even hurt. Here is her picture once the tooth came out.
 
 
The latest thing going on at our house is the addition of two more computers. We put the girl's computer desk next to ours and put two computers there so that we can all play minecraft together. During the day Ashley can play on Joe's computer, and in the evening she will sit with either Joe or I and play. The girl's have definitely gotten into both playing minecraft and watching minecraft video's. I can't really complain because there isn't a whole heck of a lot else going on around here. They still get their schoolwork done, they still play with their friends, we still go to the park and church, and they even still play with their toys...but minecraft has definitely become part of the day and the routine. I guess you could say it's official, we're a gaming family! Here is a picture of the family playing together (minus me taking the picture).
 
 
I am starting to heal over the loss of Petey. I still have my moments of just not being able to believe he is gone, but I'm not crying everyday anymore. I feel that if we got another dog, I'd be able to show it the love it deserves (which right after Petey's death I really didn't believe). My friend's dog had 11 puppies and in a few weeks they will be ready for a new home. I am considering getting one because it will be free, and it will be a great opportunity to try and start over with a new puppy (and it also wouldn't be a small dog, but more of a medium sized, hardy dog). Not sure yet, I probably won't even make a decision until that time comes because I still have so many mixed emotions over it.
 
The other day I actually rescued, saved, and found the original owner of both a cat and a chicken....all in one morning, it was crazy! Nicole is starting to feel really homesick, telling me she wants to go back down to FL to visit her friends and family that she misses so much. Because she is my most social child, I really expected this, and am rather surprised it took a whole two months for her to start feeling this way. The restaurant is doing fairly well, especially since they haven't advertised and had their grand opening yet. Tonight Joe called me to tell me he was on his way home, and that they had an extremely busy night (and at night they are only doing pizza). Basically they do BBQ for lunch and pizza for dinner.  Other than that, no other news to report.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Awwww it sounds like they are adjusting well. We defiantly miss you guys here...

    ReplyDelete